Residency at Graphic Studio Dublin Funded by Dublin City Council 2019
Application Date: Tuesday 16th April 2019, 4pm
As part of an ongoing commitment to professional artists, Graphic Studio Dublin, in partnership with Dublin City Council, is offering a fine art print residency at Graphic Studio Dublin. It is planned that the residency will take place in May 2019 at a date to be agreed with the artist.
Previous recipients include Cian McLoughlin in 2017 & Kieran Crowley in 2018.
This residency offers to an artist in any discipline, but who is interested in exploring print processes, the opportunity to make a fine art print with a master printmaker at Graphic Studio Dublin. The week-long residency will provide an ideal environment for the development of a creative project in printmaking and an opportunity to network with other artists. The artist will produce a finished print, a limited edition of which is then completed for the artist by the studio. The work will be displayed along with members work in Graphic Studio Gallery during the following year.
The residency will include
- A short induction/training course in the use of equipment and models of good practice in a collective fine art print studio.
- The assistance and guidance of an experienced printmaker in making a multi colour print using a pre-prepared drawing/painting as a starting point.
- The Studio Director will advise as to print methodologies, and assist the artist in all possible ways to professionally fulfill their objectives during the residency.
- Professional studio support with regard to technical processes, and artistic development.
- Printing a small edition of the finished work.
- The residency will be documented for the artist, for Dublin City Council Arts Office and Graphic Studio Dublin. The finished work will be exhibited in Graphic Studio Gallery.