Residency at Graphic Studio Dublin Funded by Dublin City Council 2018
New call out for Applications for 2018
As part of an ongoing commitment to professional artists, Graphic Studio Dublin, in partnership with Fingal County Council, is offering a fine art print residency to an artist from the Fingal County region. This residency offers to an artist in any discipline, but who is interested in exploring print processes, the opportunity to make a fine art print with a printmaker at Graphic Studio Dublin. The two-week long residency will provide an ideal environment for the development of a creative project in printmaking and an opportunity to network with other artists.
The professional aims and objectives of the successful candidate will be continually assessed during the residency to ensure the artist gains the maximum benefit from their time. The collaborative nature of the residency, and the collective studio environment will be of enormous assistance to the artist in achieving his/her goals.
This is the seventh year that Fingal County Council has partnered with Graphic Studio Dublin to make this award. The recipient for 2017 was Una Sealy who says ”For artists who do not normally work in the medium, the opportunities that the Visiting Artist programme offer are hugely important. It is well known that to work outside one’s own comfort zone can open up new pathways of personal exploration. Not to mention that to have the highest quality artist prints produced can make one’s work more accessible, and in a new and different way.”
To be eligible to apply, applicants must have been born, have studied, or currently reside in the Fingal administrative area.
Please see below for further information and to download the application form. The deadline for applications is 4 pm on Friday 30th November 2018.
The residency will include
- A short induction/training course in the use of equipment and models of good practice in a collective fine art print studio.
- The assistance and guidance of an experienced printmaker in making a multi colour print using a pre-prepared drawing/painting as a starting point.
- The Studio Director will advise as to print methodologies, and assist the artist in all possible ways to professionally fulfill their objectives during the residency.
- Professional studio support with regard to technical processes, and artistic development.
- Printing a small edition of the finished work.
- The residency will be documented for the artist, for Fingal County Council Arts Office and Graphic Studio Dublin. The finished work will be exhibited in the Graphic Studio Gallery.